Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Wednesday 14 September 2011

September Flower of the Month and bunny trails

Yo!

(Bronx, New York hello)

art by Sarah Pauline at http://www.epilogue.net/

Well, this was going to be a blog about the morning glory, which is one of September's flower of the month.
The other flower is the aster.

But today has been a crazy day.
Crazy day.
It all started with me getting up before 6AM.
That's right, 6:00 AM
For those of you who know me, you know I really can't function before 10AM.
really.
BUT
Today was the sign-up day for the Craft Show at the
Brighton Senior Center.
It is only 1 day a year, from 8am - 2pm.
There are only 30 tables available, with only 20 downstairs in the main lobby.
The doors open at 8am to start assigning tables.
30 tables.
The first year I participated, I got to the front of the Center at 7:15am.
I was the last one to get a table.
Oh!
So the next year I arrived at 6:45am.
There were about 10 openings after me.
So...
this year the plan was to get there between 6:30am and 6:45am.
The Dream of Sir Lancelot at the Chapel of the Holy Grail
painted by Sir Edward Coley Burne-Jones

I know that looks like Sir Lancelot,
but really it is me, falling asleep in front of the Senior Center
At 6:50 am!!!

Dreaming of that Great Craft Lady In The Sky...

Here's the kicker -
I get number 22.
That means that I probably will have to be in the upstairs rooms.
Up stairs.
Grrrrr......
The first lady to arrive to wait in line -
remember 8 am when the doors open -
arrived there at 5:00am.
I am....confused....do people move at that hour?
Can people really drive a car that early?
AND she stopped to get coffee?

Are these people crazy?
oops,
I'm one of them I guess.
But really, 5:00Am?????
Unbelievable.
It is supposed to rain too.
It is cold.
We all sit huddled like a flock of hens in the cold.
I still can't believe I am number 22.
sigh.
After it is all done and said and signed up,
I DO end up with a table on the ground floor.
No hauling heavy tubs and bags upstairs,
or trusting your life to the elevator,
which looks like it was installed back
when there was a pulley system to get you up!

I met some very nice ladies, and greeted some very nice ladies that I have sat
in the cold and rain with in previous years.
There were a lot more canvas chairs today than last year.
People are getting wise.

So next year,
am I supposed to get there at 6:00AM???
Only if my brain falls out and it gets run over.
Or I forget, and think it might be cheery to go have a coffee and sit
outside
with a bunch of very nice ladies who all love crafts
in the cold and rain.

So afterwards, I'm up- might as well go and get my hair cut
by my friend who works at a beauty salon.
I get there, and OH! sorry, she doesn't work today.
Ack.

I decide to see if that used book store is open.
Every time I have stopped by, in the last 5 years or so,
he has been closed.
I do so miss the used bookstore where I was manager for several years.
I miss the books,
I miss the customers.

He is open! Hoorah!
Really jam packed little place with books stacked everywhere.
I end up asking if I can volunteer and help him.
He says no, he's a one-man operation.
I pester, but very slightly and ladylike I am sure.
Just touching all the old books....it's like breathing life into me.
I spend some money there.
He says, well, he'll think about it.
He doesn't believe in people working for free, so maybe we'll work out a deal where I get free books or something.
Shhhh....don't tell Michael.
He thinks we have enough books already.
Hah!

Okay, things are looking up.
I stop at the bead store (Alley Cat) and pick up a few vials of Myuiki? (I know I am spelling that wrong) of size 11 beads.
So, I spend more money.

Then I go to Michael's and find some bargains.
Cool stuff.
Stuff I'm sure I need!
Spent alot more money there.
Oops, better go home.

But wait!
The Krispy Kreme doughnuts are in the same shopping center.
Yum!
So I restrain my self and get only 1 dozen filled doughnuts.

Note to self:
Do not attempt to eat a creme filled doughnut with glazed frosting
while driving.

Oh yeah, I get frosting all over my shirt, floor, pants, seat...
I get creme filling all over my hand...
and I'm still driving.
Remember Note to self.

That's it for today folks,
I don't need to tell you that when I brought in my shopping bags,
I didn't see the almost full glass of water on the table,
knocked it over
and I had to spend the next 15 minutes mopping up the floor,
the table, the magazines on the table...you get the idea.

I don't need to tell you that when I came home and changed my shirt from all the frosting on it, I heated up some Mexican food leftovers for lunch, sat down and started cutting the chicken
my fork slipped
I got at least a big tablespoon of beans and rice all over me.

This is getting depressing...
think I'll go watch a movie.
or read a book!
yawn.

inkspired


No comments:

Post a Comment