Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Tuesday 18 October 2011

Mary Kay TimeWise Matte Liquid Foundation


Hi Lovelies! Woo, finally it’s sembreak! You know what itmeans, more time to do reviews. Yay! Anyway, I listed all the things I need todo reviews on, then I was surprised that I just listed 30+ products to bereviewed. What the heck! I blame my school works for this... just kidding. Iknow, school should be the priority of every students right? Oh well, thisreview is a sponsored review from Jhia of Red Jhelli Shop. I actually told youabout this before in this post.

In my post before about Mary Kay concealer, you see how Iraved about that product. It works well in covering my acne marks. Justrecently, I  had a really bad breakout (iwill post a separate review) due to stress from school. I’m on the process ofhealing right now (finally!) but it leaves me with ugly pimple marks on myface. So even if I want to wear less makeup, I couldn’t because I can’t go outwith all those marks on my face! I swear, this is the first time I felt reallyembarrassed on how I looked like. Now, I understand when people says pimpleslower your self-confidence! I’ve never really knew how it feels until recently.

Good thing I had this foundation. If you’re interested on howit works for me, keep reading!

Mary Kay says,
“Combination to Oily Skin. Buildable coverage. Suitable forsensitive skin. Oil free and non-comedogenic”
A matte finish, oil-controlling foundation, formulated tofight the signs of ageing with a patented blend of collagen-building peptidesand vitamin E, an anti-oxidant that helps stressors. Visibly reduces theappearance of fine lines, wrinklesand imperfections for a perfectly flawlessfinish.
(Note: This foundation is matte-finish. It will works forpeople with oily to combination skin. If you have a flaky-dry skin, try theother variant which is the luminious wear)

I’m never a huge fan of liquid foundations just because Iprefer wearing BB Creams. However, I’ve tried full sizes liquid foundations from brandslike Revlon, Ever Bilena and Maybelline and some samples from Laneige and TheFaceshop. Atleast I have a little background about Liquid foundations.

Packaging:

This comes in a squeeze tube packaging which is I think notappropriate for the consistency of the product. The consistency of thisfoundation is liquidy and sometimes, the product goes on the cap making yourfoundation looks very dirty. 

Plus, I’m a huge fan of pump tubes since it ismore hygienic and less hassle compared to squeeze tubes.

Color/ Formulation/consistency/finish:

This foundation is available in wide range of color! I gotmyself Beige2 just because the concealer I got is in Beige2 too. However, thisis slightly lighter than the concealer.

When I first swatch the two side by side (see the pic below in coverage), I was like, “Omg,this is lighter. Maybe, this will look lighter on my face.” I was surprisedthat it blends on my skintone very well making it look brighter instead ofwhiter.

The consistency of this foundation, just like what i’ve saidearlier, is liquidy. (Beware: do not squeeze the packging too much or else,you’ll waste alot of products. Sayang naman, mahal pa naman! LOL!) thus, itdoes not feel heavy on my face.

One  big problem I hadbefore with my Revlon colorstay is it dries really fast. Since this is liquidy,I find it easier to work with. I can spread it with ease and blend it evenly.

Upon application, it gives me a luminious glow but driesinto matte finish, although it is not drying on me. You can definitely wear thiswith or without setting a powder but I prefer it with powder to make it lastslonger.

Coverage:

It is buildable. One application will not give you fullcoverage, add more for more coverage. Although, do not add too much productbecause it has the tendency to look cakey especially if your skin is notwell-moisturized. I advised to wear primer prior to application of thisfoundation.

I did a comparison of the coverage with my mary kayconcealer (as shown above)

I drew a red line using a permanent red pen.

See how well the coverage of the concealer? Ofcourse, thishas no match for the concealer. It is a concealer anyway, but considering thatthis is just a foundation, it does a great job in covering the red ink. I didapply two coat of the foundation though.

However, on my face, I rarely apply two coats of this. Justone layer is enough to cover atleast 70-80% of my pimple marks. I use concealerto cover the marks that my foundation can’t cover.


PROS
-easy to blend
-matte finish
-controls oil
-good staying power
-does not feel heavy on my face
-instantly brightens up my face
-wide range of colors
-coverage is buildable
CONS
-expensive (not new for Mary kay products)
- the packaging is not appropriate for the consistency
- will cake if I apply more than2 layers

Would I recommend it? Definitely! I would repurchase it again if this run out
Price: Php 750 at Red Jhelli Shop


No comments:

Post a Comment