Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Saturday 10 September 2011

Maybelline Pure Mineral vs In2it Oil Control Foundation

Foundation is one of my-can’t-live-without-makeup thing-y.I’m sure I’m not alone right ladies? If I had to bring with me only onemake-up, I will definitely choose foundation.

For me, good foundation is a foundation that will not breakme out, will make my skin looks healthy and bright, no harmful chemicals and is notcakey when applied.

I’ve been looking for a mineral foundation compact for quite a longtime before I finally had this. I was a big fan of compact foundation becausethey’re much easy to bring and more convenient to use. Before, I had been usingthe Clearsmooth Mineral foundation of Maybelline but I find it a littleinconvenient for my taste. I am a person who always in hurry (especially when Ihave to go to school at 8am) and sometimes, I do some of my makeup whiletravelling. Since clearsmooth mineral is in powder form and doesn’t have mirrorin it, I find it hard to use while travelling. Although it is a great product,I just can’t stick to it since it is not convenient for me. That is the onlything that hinders me from having clearsmooth mineral as my HG (holy grail)foundation.

Anyway, you know that my Holy Grail Foundation is from IN2ITbecause it is a compact foundation, the color selection is great for yellowundertone and the coverage is really good. BUT I felt like my skin is gettingbad with daily use of this compact. Inspite of that, I couldn’t let it go sinceit’s my HG Foundation and you know what HG means right? So, when I found outabout the new line of Maybelline, I know I have to try this.
 I have 2 compact and 3 refills. You'll know later the reason why I have 2 compact with me

Yes, you have to purchase the refill and the compact separately. Itwas a bit pricier than I expected it would be but whatever, I know I reallyhave to get this. It is indeed rare to find mineral foundation in compact for adrugstore brand.

 The refill comes with a powder and a good quality sponge

Anyway, I would like this post to be a comparison between myUsed-to-be HG and my RECENTLY-HG foundation.

Compact:


 Both come in a lovely compact. You could tell that In2it ismore for teenager as it comes in a pinky girly mirror-liked compact foundationwhile Maybelline looks more professional than the latter one.

Rear view:


In in2it compact, you could see place where you could putthe sticker of the shade so you’ll be guided on the shade of foundation.Another plus, the ingredients are also written in the sticker and the wt ofthe product.

While in Maybelline, I just randomly put the sticker of theshade which I got from the refill packaging onto the case.


Durability:
My in2it compact fell off my bags, hands etc. gazilliontimes already but I was still surprise that the compact is still working great! 

If you have read my tweets weeks ago, you already know thatthis is my 2nd Maybelline Compact foundation. I was in ACE Water Spathat time. I was trying to reach for my swimsuit when I heard a bit of a crack.Then, I saw my compact sitting on the floor. Damn it. Honestly, it took me sometime before I decided to open the case. I was scared to open it as it was only1 week  old back then. 

When I opened the compact, the foundation was allaround the compact. 
 I was really sad but atleast the mirror is still intact. Nocracks or anything. I was somehow relieved that I wouldn’t have to buy anothercompact, just the refill.
But when I tried closing the compact, itwouldn’t close. I was very disappointed! I just waste Php 699 for a foundationthat wouldn’t last me a week. BUT, it was all my fault. I couldn’t blame thedurability of the compact since it was 5 ft high.  But in all fairness, to see that the mirrorof the compact is still at one piece, I was greatly impressed.

Amount and Price:
In2it compact is cheaper and contains more product comparedto Maybelline.

In2it refill costs me Php 440. I forgot how muchcompact+refill really costs me but I think it’s around Php 650. One pancontains 9g.


Maybelline compact and refill are sold separately. Compactcosts me Php 250 while the foundation refill is Php 449. Together, they costPhp 699. It contains 7.5g.


Coverage and Lasting Power:
Both offer great coverage. Although, I personally think thatIn2it is better than Maybelline in terms of coverage. But there wasn’t a bigdifference though. If In2it could cover 85-90% of my acne marks, Maybellinewould cover 80-85%; 

In terms of lasting power, both are great too. I couldn’treally tell which lasts long but normally, I do retouch 1-2x within a day withany of the foundation.

Other special points:
I would say that considering the Price, Amount and Coverageof product, In2it will win this. BUT,  Iwouldn’t say that it is something I could use for the rest of my life. My skinis getting bad with continuous use of this product. It does contain parabenstoo. While, Maybelline so far, I haven’t experienced any breaking out plus Ifelt like this is something I could use for a very long time since it isMINERAL and it does not contain PARABENS.

So in this battle, Maybelline Pure Pact Mineral WINS!

 Anyway. I'm still using the powder on my 1st compact. I transferred it on my clearsmooth minerals case. Yay! Still using it when I'm not in hurry or to retouch.

 Left: Maybelline Pure Mineral in OC2
Right: In2it Oil Control in Warm Beige
I wish shades of Maybelline is labeled with name instead of letters and numbers. It's quite hard to remember :))



No comments:

Post a Comment